What Is The Best CCTV System For Your Property?
What We Recommend
- Have at least one extremely visible CCTV camera out the front of your property. We recommend the Hikvision AcuSense camera which can detect just human or vehicle activity, thus eliminating the vast majority of false alerts especially at night time.
- A second camera at the front of your property is a great idea, providing an even more formidable deterrent effect. Homes in Australia are often large therefore a second camera, providing a criss-cross effect across your front yard, is often really necessary. This camera could either be another Hikvision AcuSense CCTV camera, or a Hikvision ColorVu CCTV camera providing you with beautiful super-sharp clear colour images 24 hours a day. Even in the darkest conditions the ColorVu camera will use it's in-built automatic LED illumination to provide full colour CCTV video footage.
- One external camera for each exit/entrance and also the backyard is extremely common and also highly recommended. Whilst the front camera, or cameras, are the best deterrent you can have, some determined (or even more stupid) criminals will attempt to come in from the side or the rear. Having CCTV cameras in plain visible site in these locations is also an extremely good idea.
- The pool and other entertaining areas around your home can also benefit you significantly, because viewing these areas on your mobile device when you're away on business or on a holiday is unbelievably reassuring and helps you have amazing peace of mind.
- Pets are often a vital part of CCTV camera placement. There is nothing stopping you from having a CCTV camera monitoring your pets so you can watch them when you're away or even just at work. If the camera has two-way audio - such as the Hikvision AcuSense DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL CCTV camera - then you can talk and communicate with your pets while you're not there. They can hear you through the in-built speaker in the AcuSense camera. The results are often hilarious - please please send us some footage of your pooch going deliriously ecstatic hearing your voice and we'll make sure we load it up on to our website with the credits going to you personally !!!!
- If you have a significant shed or work area on your property (normally acreage properties) CCTV cameras mounted on the home but zoomed in on the shed or warehouse are also extremely useful for monitoring pedestrian and vehicle traffic around the building. DIY Security Supplies can also explain how to easily create a digital (P2P wireless) connection between the home and the shed. It's simply a matter of mounting a small digital transmitter on your shed pointing towards your home, and then mounting a digital receiver on your home receiving the signal from the shed. You can then mount one, or two, five (if you want to) cameras on your shed and transmit the signal back to your home. It really really is a pretty simple exercise.
If you would like us to assess your property with you, please let us know as we use satellite images of peoples property every single day using Google Earth. We look at the overhead satellite photos of your home (or business) and can easily suggest CCTV camera placement. We can actually work out the entire package including customised cabling made to exact lengths for you. Through DIY Security Supplies our customers often save at least 50% on having an installer doing exactly the same thing, and very often more it's more.
More Easy DIY CCTV Considerations and Information
Finding the right CCTV surveillance system for you can be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. There are so many different brands these days it's impossible to know what is good and what is rubbish. Unfortunately most of the brands that you see are indeed rubbish but they can still set you back $500 or much more. We've seen WIFI CCTV systems selling for $1500 and we know for an absolute fact that they are not worth the box that they come in.
It's literally like throwing $500, $1000 or $1500 (or still more!) in the bin if you do unfortunately buy these from eBay, Amazon, Alibaba, or the local hardware store. They are incredibly inferior, poorly made, very low quality, and do not work effectively at all. They are also unreliable and often develop faults quickly.
If you need to purchase a CCTV surveillance system, and you actually need a CCTV system you can rely on, we highly recommend you spend what it takes to get something of quality that will be amazing for years and years and actually serve you well. Something that gives you excellent quality especially if you are the victim of a crime or seriously concerned about potentially being the victim of crime.
DIY Security Supplies was only created in 2020 in an effort to supply incredibly good quality electronic security and CCTV surveillance systems to Australian communities. We have all had many years and even decades of experience with electronic security, CCTV and technical solutions and designs. We were primarily located in South East Queensland but we have moved away from installations and moved into distribution as we have excellent purchasing power with our main supplies Hikvision (CCTV, intercom, and alarm systems), Aiphone (intercom systems), and Risco (alarm systems) and we honestly do pass the significant savings from these professional brands on to our customers all around Australia.
Every CCTV sale comes with our guarantee of quality, our 3-year manufacturers warranty, our own in-house technical support, and our money back promise that everything we sell is incredibly excellent quality and great value for money.
If you have trouble finding the CCTV system that you are looking for in this store please do not hesitate to pick up the phone and just call us on (07) 5641 2555 anytime between 8am and 4pm AEST (Brisbane QLD) time. Or if you prefer please just email us at email@example.com and we will respond to you as quickly as we can once we receive the email.
Working out exactly what CCTV you want - or NEED - is a difficult task for the vast majority of people. But our years of experience is at your disposal and we truly hope that we can help you get an incredible CCTV security system at the very best price which will serve you reliably and effectively for many many years.